We have the best cottages and facilities on the Whitefish Chain of Lakes. To accompany these facilities, the Landscaping Staff makes sure the grounds are well maintained. The Landscaping Staff will work under the direction of the Resort Manager, but will also work closely with the Maintenance Staff.
Part-time (see Work Schedule below)
1. $10 – $15 per hour (commensurate with experience)
2. Payroll and Benefits will be done by Pro Resources and payroll will be done on the 1st and 15th of every month
1. Working with people who are the happiest people in the world – people on vacation!
2. A great variety of indoor and outdoor tasks on the beautiful Whitefish Chain of Lakes.
1. You will have a flexible work schedule averaging 25-40 hours per week throughout the summer. The number of hours you would like to work will be discussed during the interview process to make sure we have adequate staffing and to make sure that your financial goals are met
2. To support the operations of the resort, either the Maintenance Staff or the Landscaping Staff should be present from approximately 8 AM to 5 PM from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. Some weekend support before Memorial Day and after Labor Day for yard cleanup and dock installation is desirable.
3. The Maintenance Staff is present on the summer weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) from 8 AM to 5 PM and does landscaping tasks as allowed by the maintenance schedule. Beyond this staffing requirement, the Landscaping Staff and the Maintenance Staff share hours to adequately accomplish the tasks at the resort.
4. We work with our Landscaping Staff to allow everyone adequate time off to enjoy glorious Minnesota summers. We expect personal schedules to be communicated at least two weeks in advance to the Assistant Resort Manager and longer commitments (like sports camps) must be communicated during the interview process. We also appreciate knowing school start times and fall sports expectations (if applicable).
1. You must be energetic, optimistic and have a “can-do” attitude about any task you are given.
2. You must be self-motivated and willing to learn new skills.
3. The Landscaping Staff should be versed in the basic operations of various yard tools like a riding mower, a push mower, a weed trimmer, a backpack blower, a pressure washer and a pressure paint sprayer. Support and training is available for all tools that you don’t have experience with.
4. The Landscaping Staff must be familiar with the operation of various resort “toys”. Examples of this are rowing a boat, running an outboard motor, paddling a canoe, and operating a paddle boat. Support and training is available for all tasks that don’t have experience with..
5. You should be a good listener and not afraid to ask questions when confronted a problem you haven’t seen before.
6. You must be physically fit with the ability to lift heavy objects, climb a ladder, perform tasks on your knees, rake leaves, pick up branches, shovel dirt (and snow?) and push a wheelbarrow.
7. You must have a valid Minnesota Driver’s License or Permit and be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
Expected Tasks, Responsibilities and Behaviors Specific to Position:
1. You will take direction from the Resort Manager and/or the Assistant Resort Manager to identify which landscaping tasks need to be done. You will work with the Maintenance Staff to make sure the items below are completed and meet the high standards our guests have.
2. You will be responsible for the daily cleaning of the two outdoor swimming pools.
3. You will be responsible for basic yard maintenance like mowing grass (with a push mower and a riding mower), trimming weeds, raking the beach, along with blowing off the patios and the tennis court.
4. You will help pick up garbage from the resort cottages and put it in the dumpster.
5. You will be responsible for cleaning the fish-cleaning house.
6. You will work together with the Maintenance Staff on various improvement projects that may be best accomplished with two people.
7. You will be required to work without supervision much of the time and you must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner. You must also be comfortable working alone, but able to ask for help when necessary.
8. You will be responsible for helping guests with items that you can help them with or help communicate their needs immediately to the Resort Manager or Assistant Resort Manager.
9. You may be required to assist the Housekeeping Staff with their tasks if the workload demands it. Refer to Housekeeping Staff Job Description for more details, but generally this involves moving a high chair or a crib into a specific cottage.
10. You will be responsible for picking up toys or other resort items to keep everything in an orderly manner..
11. You should wear clean, comfortable clothes and resort issued shirts may be issued at the Resort Manager’s discretion
1. Good communication with the Resort Manager, the Assistant Resort Manager, the Maintenance Staff and the guests will help assure that guest issues are addressed properly.
2. Good communication with the Resort Manager, the Assistant Resort Manager, the Maintenance Staff and the guests will assure that the grounds and facilities are well taken care of.
3. We expect that you will be a team player that will meet the Expected Tasks, Responsibilities and Behaviors of all employees at Clamshell Beach as described below.
4. Because you will be working without supervision much of the time, timely completion of jobs will be required and it is expected that your pace will not vary based upon the amount of supervision you are receiving.
5. You should seek out the Resort Manager, the Assistant Resort Manager, or the Maintenance Staff if you have completed the tasks you have been given and they will give you your next task
Expected Tasks, Responsibilities and Behaviors of all employees at Clamshell Beach:
1. Make sure that the guests have a memorable vacation and strive to make everyone think of Clamshell Beach as “their place at the lake”.
2. We want every employee to be empowered to satisfy the details that make vacations truly memorable for our guests
3. We pride ourselves in the number of repeat guests that we have and the family atmosphere we foster.
4. We expect all employees to have a clean, well groomed appearance.
5. We expect everyone to be a positive and creative team member of the staff.
6. We believe that work should be fun and everyone should have a smile and sense of humor.
7. You must be timely, trustworthy and respectful of everyone.
8. We believe that each employee understands that cell phones can be useful but can also be a distraction. As a courtesy to our guests, we request that you put your cell phones away so that they are not used except during your lunch break. Emergency exceptions are allowed of course.